Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tales from the sweat shop...

Back from AZ and feeling good (mostly because I haven't logged into work yet this morning but whatever) It was 85 and Sunny lots of the time I was there, and I totally got my Vitamin D replenished by lounging around in the sun like a lizard.

I also got a huge project that's been weighing on me since the fall done, dusted, and delivered to owner, which is a big f*cking aaah, I must say.

The ordeal is chronicled on my Flickr page, but here is a summary couple of photos:


With 18 blocks made and no will to live, this was the final design

Need a quick fix to feel like you've accomplished something? Make a pillowcase

Done, approximately 12 hours before takeoff. Blue was the right choice (thanks becky!)



Az was a whirlwind good time. Ok, not so much whirlwind since my people there are not tasmanian devil types, but I did manage to drag everyone out for a hike. Ok, little dude thought we were hunting for Bigfoot, but I will use whatever means necessary.


"I think I see him!"

Pictures from the middle of the hike are spotty, because it takes both hands to coerce the unwilling. Picture a little blond kid screaming and crying about how he hates hiking and I suck, picture me laughing and walking away and you pretty much have the experience.

Wild Cows. Seriously.




In other news, I continue to insist I can learn to sew. Here's the latest, which I would have made right on the FIRST TRY except that I forgot to put the handles on.


Other news includes the search for a house, as the farm does not seem to be working out just so. We've found a couple that we like, but nothing firm yet. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: