Friday, May 14, 2010

Do not hate when you see what I create...

I have been hit by a veritable thunderbolt of inspiration from the heavens some dude's shop I was walking by. It was like the perfect storm of me deciding just this week that I wanted to cultivate a mint sampler, me coming into a bunch of different types of mint (some ridonkulous lemon balm I found in my neighbor's yard and snuck in and stole a big clump of while she was at work and my other neighbors egged me on, spearmint from HN in the form of a mega rhizome from his stash at school, peppermint from my neighbors yard snaking under my fence), my new book saying I should, and me walking by this dude's awesome thing while thinking to myself "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere I am going to put my mint? How do I do this?"

Mint is not the kind of thing you plant on purpose in your yard unless you plan on going into the tea business, or you were looking for some fieldy type groundcover because your ivy just isn't pernicious enough, or you just love the thrill of a constant battle for containment. I don't have any of those things going on right now, so I don't want mint in the yard.

I don't want mint on the roof garden. Because I said so, that's why.

So anyhow I'm ambling down the street yesterday drinking my coffee and pondering when don't I just about trip over this thing and knock it over.

I'm not going to describe it because when I tried telling people about it last night at this party we went to I got some serious side eye and one dude made the crazy sign when he thought I wasn't looking, so clearly I am not painting an adequate picture with my words, but it is going to be flipping sweet. I'm absolutely on fire about this, so there's every chance my lunch break is going to involve a Home Depot run, you won't even have to wait that long. But know ahead of time, it's going to rule. And it is going to be made out of $12 ducting.

Witness.

2 comments:

The Great Explorer said...

remember when the yard was done up in scottsdale and i wanted to plant noxious things but it was frowned upon? okay, i ended up digging down about a foot and a half and filling in what was basically an underground rock barrier. totally worked. people said i was crazy but you know what, i got my flowers, they stayed put and i don't give a fuck if people think i'm crazy. there, i said it.

whatever you do, it is going to work, because you are the shit man, and that's all there is to it. i don't need pictures or words to know this. okay, pictures would be nice, but it's not confirming anything, it's more because i am not close enough to run over, check it out and high five you because you are THE SHIT.

JG said...

Testify!!