Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Right now

HN is sitting next to me watching video after video on bow action. Like bows that you kill things with. It's a new thing he's doing, planning to kill things. I'm a little excited, because if he kills things, I will cook them which surely justifies all manner of new kitchen tools. Homemade sausage, coming right up, I just need to buy this handy dandy sausage stuffer (once I decide whether I'm "real" enough to handle natural casing). Otherwise, I'm a bit neutral on it. I don't ever want to meet my food, and I sure as shit would be a vegetarian if I had to kill meat to eat it, but I respect the hell out of the fact that he's taking this on for the house. Go hunter-gatherer, go! So long as he never brings home the face or the guts I think we're good.

The production quality on the video is actually quite good, which frightens me (though it only frightens me slightly more than the fact that he's watching them) THREE POUNDS OF TRIGGER WEIGHT!!

Between videos he's playing with his new chop saw. I don't know what's happening here, he's like turning into Rambo or something.

HN is ALL MAN!

and I am all wimp. Pictures to follow but my neck is all jacked up (again) The dude today actually took 5 minutes to listen to my story instead of the usual "here's some Flexeril go away" He asked me what was wrong and I said "I feel like my muscles are so tight they're pulling my bones out of whack" which is what I always say when this happens, because that's always what it feels like. So he did some cervical spine x-rays and guess what? The muscles in my back and shoulders are so tight they are pulling my neck bones out of whack. Specifically I have "artificial compression of cervical vertebrae due to muscle spasms" or something like that. I pretty much stopped listening after he said "you were right". OMG, it's almost like it's my body and I'm aware of what's doing with it right? I don't feel as bitter as I think I sound. I'm psyched he listened. I'm more pysched he sent me home with a bag o pills, because I think I might finally get some sleep in this joint. Thank you Dr Hero, I will do my best to dream of you in flattering circumstances.
I will try to keep this separate from the killing things/bow dreams I'm also sure to have.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

Bow and arrow is THE SHIT. I knew a kid who went bear hunting for weeks with his dogs, a very small pack which consisted of only the most basic of things and a bow. No pussy compound bow either, just the old fashioned draw and shoot long bow and I must say, I swooned whenever he came around in his rusty pick up stacked high with crates full of beagles and a determined look on his face.

Is he going to eat the still beating hearts as right of passage? pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes

White knuckle that doctor. If not for the listening skills, then for his ability to shell out pills at random. :)