Thursday, May 15, 2008

Huzzah!!

I have finished a knitting project! For reals! Well mostly finished. I still needed to tie in the ends, etc but I was so excited that I finished knitting it that I immediately made HN try it on (it was part of his birthday present. His birthday was in Jan. ahem.) , and like the excellent sport that he is, he has claimed to love it and has taken it with him and been wearing it around pretending not to notice the loose thread hanging out of the bottom of it.

He did comment that it looks like a skater hat and makes him feel young (he's old). My knitting is like the fountain of youth! Or I have inappropriately selected a young knit for an old man. Either way, I am stoked to have finished something as it has been a while. I have been a bit thwarted with the cat separating a hat in progress from the yarn ball and hiding it (found it though! now have just lost the momentum I had going) and then losing a hat I made just before I could put the buttons on it. Found that too, but have now lost buttons.

Next up I have the seriously ambitious hope of knitting this bad boy. But do I have the attention span for it? I should have loads of work travels on the horizon, I'm hoping being shoved into a can in the air helps motivate.

No comments: