Monday, April 26, 2010

Jetsetting

So I'm on the road this week. Jackson, MS to Backwoods LA to somewhat less backwoods MS, back to Jackson then to OKC and then home. Should be a whirlwind of travelly goodness, and I sustain myself with the thoughts that:
1) I'm renting a minivan for the first leg (JAN -> LA -> MS -> JAN). Laugh all you want, but those things are sweet rides and have all the amenities. Since I will be driving many boxes and 8+ hours that day, it is what it is and I choose to see the positives.
2)I am earning mad Rapid Rewards beeatch! Maybe I'll use one to come see you some time.
3)I am staying in nicer hotels this time. I talked to my boss about the "dead hooker truck stop specials" that I've booked myself into the past few trips and decided I need to stop doing that. I also worked out the logistics to knock one night off the travel by having 3 rough days, which I think calls for 2 nice hotel rooms. Since I book my own travel, that went unopposed and has been implemented.

More later, I'm going to do some work because it's been raining for so long that I'm *that* bored

2 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Great Explorer said...

mini van and decent bloody hand print free hotel rooms... my my, aren't we the picture of extravagance...