Thursday, July 1, 2010

And Australia and Kerry were like "WTF?"

Honestly.

I'm telling the story of my evening in pictures. Words exhaust me. So this will be like interpretive dance, but with a camera. Picture cool indie music here ?

I decided to go upstairs to see my view from the roofdeck.


Sweet right? Well it was for a minute. Check out mah tobago hot peppers paw!

They are going to be so good.

And yes, there are cayennes in there as well. They are leaning over from the cayenne plant next door. Even though it looks like 2 kinds of peppers on the same plant, "that is highly unlikely" according to HN. We discussed it at length on his last weekly call from Alaska, mostly because I was convinced and wouldn't drop it. Oh yeah, HN is fishing again. I'm seriously considering trying fish again, just because it seems like I should.

Anyway, the roof garden.


I take a big puff of pride in the peppers, and then I pan left to gaze admiringly at my super lush tomato plant and I see this shizz.


It was definitely not like that this morning. I feel sure I would have noticed.

This much damage can only be done by a real asshole, so I knew there was an asshole around somewhere and I went looking for just that very asshole. It was this dude. Well, these dudes. 2 hornworms, which I had been reading about JUST THIS MORNING while I was surfing the web instead of working.

I'm sorry but that shit is from space.

It's like Jabba the Hut with 100 eyes. Retch. And I'm pretty sure this is his ass, but the other end was just grossing me out. It was like foreskin. Sorry dude, but it was.

And they're huge. and pretty strong too, it's gross.

Here they are being all Swedish painted gold men gymnast act at Canobie Lake and holding a cherry tomato suspended in midair. And sort of maybe doing worm sexy times, I couldn't tell. Notice how they're on a tomato plant branch. They were really unwilling to concede, which is kind of respectable. I had to take the branch off to get them off.


They would not let go. It was fucking SKETCH dude, and awfully creepy too. I mean honestly. And on America's birthday weekend no less. RUDE.

and then I put them down the garbage disposal and went to make faces at myself in the mirror since I went black raspberry picking today and am all dirty lipped:

and happy.

2 comments:

Ichiro A said...

LOL!! Thats gross! Where did they come from?
Time for some chemicals! ;)

The Great Explorer said...

If I had a foreskin I would be so pissed at you right now.