Sunday, December 17, 2006

i am high society, b*tches!

So this weekend I went to Wake Forest, NC for work. Saturday was a great day, we went to the Sarah P Duke gardens in Durham, gorgeous. I will post pics later, but the official site can be checked out here. I look forward to seeing that place in the spring.

Saturday night we went out to Mura restaurant, a posh little sushi house, for our new annual tradition of a work Christmas party. We got a private tatami room, which had a table about 6 inches off the ground, but a well under the table for your legs so you sit low, but not indian style. It was very funny looking around, knowing we were all on the floor but the floor is the seat you know? It also got interesting watching people try to get up out of this arrangement as the night went on and the drinks flowed!

When we got back to the hotel, Jake and I weren't tired so we decided to ask Mary (*the* most helpful person in the world, who worked the front desk of the hotel) where we could walk to and she suggested McKenzie's right around the corner. We strolled over to have a nightcap, and found it was a no frills bar, with some cool locals just kicking around inside. Unfortunately, we were told it's members only, so we did the only thing we could: we joined! So now I am a member of a social club in Wake Forest and can go kick it local style whenever I go down for work. Thanks to member and local Chris for sponsoring us for membership! Joey (the bartender) said our cards will be laminated and ready for us the next time we go back. I'm fancy now :o)

I'm exhausted now, my poor body has been abused this weekend. I'm off to eat some of the nourishing Soup and go to bed.

Study of the Christmas tree still to come.

For random picture fun-ness here is Star. I spilled bacon grease all over myself, so she was all up in my grill until I changed.

If you recall, said terrorist at left busted up my keyboard a few weeks back. Being terribly lazy and having a USB keyboard I've just plugged into the laptop for now I'm still missing keys. Got pulled aside and had to boot my laptop for the security guards at the airport today so they could see it was just a laptop with some keys missing and not a giant missile.

No comments: