Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The week in Blackberry

Sunday; I discovered a few things in the garden.

1) a rabbit. an asshole rabbit. dude ate all my basil. boo!

2) Zinnias. I love zinnias and they love fall. So bright and cheery in the foggy morning.


3) Tomatoes are still coming in. Some finally got caught up with the plague o'tomatoes of '09, but we have a few soldiers, like this yellow grape tomato dude here. Cayennes (not pictured) and Thai peppers still coming in as well, and plenty of green ones. Even got some jalapenos! Like 3, but I had given up so it's a win.

4)My good for nothing dog is robbing me! check out the background. What she's doing is while I'm in the garden picking tomatoes, she's cruising the fence line eating stragglers.

5) It's been ~10 years that I've had this dog and I will never not find humor in her ability to look totally BUSTED when she is.

Monday; Holly, CJ and Will.He.Is showed up to make small talk, chow down on some happy fish HN killed once and drop off Orion.

Tuesday; So far our guest seems to be enjoying himself, and he's nothing if not motivating to Star. Never have I seen this dog jump further off the dock or run harder then when Orion looks interested in something.

Otherwise, their interactions consist mostly of doing the exact same things in opposite directions or orders of execution, and pretending to ignore each other while actually being keenly interested in what the other is doing, but faking not so as to catch them in the act of something.


Here we have Star ecstatically writhing and Orion scouting the water.


Trading places. No interaction had whatsoever.


There's also a lot of shoulder to shoulder being uninterested in each other. This is some of my favorite stuff.

The best part is neither of them will sleep during the day. They don't want to miss anything. They're completely exhausted by the end of the day and night is peace time.

1 comment:

Ichiro A said...

Nice :)

How is your dancing going?
I think it's time for a video of your progress :)