Thursday, July 1, 2010

So much to tell

which inevitably means I won't bother to try right? Here's a brief summary of what's shaking here at casa la vista.

1) My sunflowers continue to be ridiculous. 9 ft tall, no flowers in sight yet.



Cool puffy butterfly plants thrive in HN's other garden. I like to go hang out in his other garden while he's away.


JG came to visit and we rocked the ASS off of lunch. We also rocked the ass off some beer, a bottle of Prosecco, and a couple of bottles of wine, but I digress. Back to The Great American Summer Lunch of 2010. Amazing BLT's (Bacon, L, T and bread from the farmer's market), homemade lemonade and cheery cobbler (local cherries) from the hallowed pages of Cook's Illustrated. It turns out we both like cherry, and also that being able to read and following instructions is very important to baking. This explains why I fail at it and why JG excels.


This could be from the show, but it's not. Notice the pinky, that's how you can tell this dessert is highbrow. And she ain't fooling. Those dumplings were homemade too.


Tomatoes and peppers are shuffling along, and I still expect big things. I made ratatouille yesterday with only things from the garden. A zucchini, a green squash, tomatoes, onions and an eggplant. I ate the whole pan too.

Then this morning I went to check on my prize BLT tomato, who I have been eyeballing since it's debut last month. It was all yellow and sad and I spent a few minutes wondering why until I remember I planted Lemon Boys. Which makes it not sad, but ripe. BLTs again!
Fist for scale. And demonstration of raw power.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I just had this little moment where your fist and the tomato both had faces and they were casually rapping about the going on's in the garden and what they each brought to the table.

P.S. Some of the verification words are so funny and often times quite applicable. This one happens to be roidom. After the closed fist, I found it to be both of the aforementioned.