Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend

Sigh. It just goes by too fast, I really needed like an 11 day weekend or so.

I did however manage to cram a decent bit of fun into the little time I had and make it worth it. I've decided I'm going to become one of those people with the cameras all the time. I missed so many good photo ops over the weekend, I'm tired of it. Here and now I commit to being full time obnoxious with the camera in the name of never being sad about something I wish I could take a picture of again. This includes friends, so beware one and all.

I forget where I left off in my tales. Ah yes, the lament of the Goose which I do not care for...

Friday was apparently not remarkable because I don't remember what I did. I'm sure it will come to me, but most likely it was cleaning and stuff because my house is looking pretty good and I didn't do it Sat or Sun.

Saturday Catherine, Katie and I went for a gambol at Great Falls, which is a pretty lovely park not too far from here. it was awesome to get out, and reminded me that I have turned into a lazy ass since moving to MD. Seemingly, because the wilderness is not right outside my door I have abandoned all attempts to go get it. Well no more! I'm getting back on that train (I really need to for my own good and the good of those around me). And I'm bringing my camera with!



Saturday night I saw No Country for Old Men. I liked it; it was very suspenseful, gorgeously shot and full of hot manly men. Thumb up! I'm not sure it's a life changing movie, but I didn't want to storm out and ask for my money back so it was ok.

Sunday was spent working on my quilt. Granted, it's only about 2x3ft by now, but I think I might be ok with this quilting business. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest. This might be the one project I actually finish in any reasonable amount of time. This is motivated only very partially by the fact that it's getting cold, and more so by the fact that ITS THE BOMB! I'm very happy with how it looks so far, and although I am not sticking to any particular design -the attention span just does not allow for it- I have mixed up a couple of designs (crazy quilt and log cabin) and I'm making my own thing. Behold!
the unfinished product. you can't tell me it doesn't rule!

closeup: oh yeah. there are sequins involved!

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I just had the chilling thought that you might be challenging me. I'm not normally the competitive type but I suddenly feel the overwhelming need for a good old fashioned craft off of sorts or something of the likes. It started with the hiking. I don't know where to go with that since I am in the desert and it's fucking boring as hell and not a literal killer to hike about in until summer. And the movie? Saw that, liked it not to mention convinced Mr. F to join (he can't refuse me so it wasn't all that hard). But the quilt? You're pushing it. (It's going to look FAB btw, and some people make small quilts to hang on the wall and such LOVE IT). I'm feeling inspired and provoked all at the same time. I'm flying home today and I am going to do something/anything and the blog the SHIT out of it. But not until after having yet one more TURKEY sandwich. Ha! Shit, maybe I'll blog that too...

Yeah, I don't know what my problem is either...