Sunday, June 29, 2008

protecting my assets

So HN told me this morning that he had a dream that we were marked as tourists and derided in AK because we were wearing those big horrid columbia hats with the chin straps that tourist people wear. He totally made me want one, so we set out this morning on what will hopefully be one of the last REI runs before the trip. I needed venty pants (have made valiant, alas, unsuccessful effort to find good pants at the thrift stores in the area so have given in and bought new ones) I also needed more socks and he needed boat shoes too. Brimmy hat in hand, we rolled home so that I can start the process of packing and checking my shizz. Based on current plans, this is going to be f*cking awesome, compounded by this little beauty.

Tourist, what tourist? Me?? How did you guess? I think it looks straight lady of the jungle.

I'll be posting itinerary soon so you can know the awesomeness.

No comments: