Sunday, August 24, 2008

I have found true love

I'm still on the mad sewing tear. This might be a record for the most prolonged run at a given new hobby in a while. Anyhoo, yesterday as I was finishing up my bedroom quilt I realized my big iPod was in Portland still and I didn't have enough music on my computer or my shuffle to keep me going so I gave in and tried Pandora. This dude I work with is always all "oh pandora this" and "pandora that" so I figured if nothing else it would give us something to talk about when I see him this week.

About 3 songs in I concluded that Pandora is the only one who really understands me. For real. If you haven't tried it yet you should. I listened to Pandora from about noon yesterday until 10pm when I called it quits and I'm listening to Pandora right now. It's like that!

I'm currently surfing for acorn squash recipes while macking on a smoothie made with the remnants of the Edible Arrangement JG hooked up in honor of the anniversary of the birth of both dog and myself. My dog is damn old. She's a decadian now, and her ass has some gray hair to go with.

Other stellar birfday gifts were a sweet Crate And Barrel pitcher given by my boss (I love having a chick boss. Girls do holidays better!) and the HN birthday bonanza. It's hard to explain what he did to my lawn, and I can't show the pics because we still haven't found the camera cord. Suffice it to say it was a befitting tribute to my birth.

Once we find the camera cord, you're in for it because I have to show Alaska pics, birthday lawn pictures, and quilt = finished! pics. Re: that last bit: I went out yesterday with a *list* of fabric stores, prepared to visit each and every last flipping one of them in the name of finding the right fabric for the binding (border) so that the unsightly edges from the last pic would be a thing of the past. As luck would have it, I hit it on the first spot. There was a woman in the shop who had the patience of Job, understood my babbling attempts to describe what the quilt looked like and had every bolt of fabric in the joint memorized. I was rambling on about the colors, the patches, the sequins and she just put her hand up and said "you know what? come with me" and handed me the perfect fabric. Sheila is my homegirl!!!

I spent the afternoon cutting, ironing, and sewing, taking breaks only to whip up a quiche, some zucchini bread and some roasted squash-chini fries (I'm a fucking domestic goddess. And also, HN's next door neighbor grew pumpkins, summer squash and zuke last year and this year they all cross pollinated so he's got this Frankenstein ass looking bunch of hybrids. no two are the same, and since he has a million and I love free stuff, he knows exactly where to lob the extras. I am rocking some transgenic foods- made with love!!)

I made some serious progress on Stella Jr's baby quilt but I had to take a break because it doesn't do much for me. I wrapped up my quilt- then did a big happy dance because I finished a project. Yay! As previously discussed, I am the master of putting it aside. Hence the waist high pile of fabric from which I am making all of the quilts. But not this time, this is a whole new me. The quilt is DONE. Not "done enough to be used" which is my typical stop point. It's actually a finished product. le sigh. and also, with the extra fabric from the binding I made pillowcases. That's right bitches. Custom Bedding Sets by Kerry.

And with that I'm off. Tonight's meal consists of more quiche, plus a side of acorn squash stuffed with forbidden rice and veggie medley and I have 2 more pillowcases to finish before I begin prepping.

Suck it Martha Stewart.

2 comments:

The Great Explorer said...

I would love to commend the dude at your wok, however, I have been preaching about Pandora to anyone who listens. Would that put you on the list of people who "don't listen"? Would it!?

Don't feel bad, most people have me on that list. I believe I was born on that list. What? What's that? I can't hear you.

Becky said...

I think it's about time you purchase a memory card reader!!! $10!! We want to see pictures of your quilt!!!