Sunday, June 7, 2009

Truuuuuuuuuuust me...

Sometimes (mostly I think because I read too much Poe as a child) I think of how easy it would be for HN to "get me out of the way". I have a thing for being able to eat stuff, so as we're walking through woods, fields, high priced topiary gardens, what have you, he'll point to something and say "you can eat that" or more usually just hand me a piece and watch me go to town without so much as a sideways glance, nevermind a pause to consider. As I sit here enjoying immensely a cup of red clover tea from blossoms snagged at one of the aforementioned places that shall remain nameless, it occured to me that should he ever decide to be nefarious, all he'd have to do is be all "here, try this hemlock. It is SOOOO delicious!" and off I'd go. He could then very plausibly say "I have no idea what happened. She was just eating stuff off the ground and keeled over" My mother would not be surprised, the first thing she said when I told her about eating sorrel (my new best friend) was "are you sure it's a good idea what you're doing? I never ate plants." and I'm sure my dad would heave a big sigh, he having told me like a million times that I need to stop just picking up random things and eating them- even when it's not that random and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm eating.

Just wanted to share all that. And if you're red clover is missing and I've been by lately it's probably totally not a coincidence. I think I see an obsession coming on. I am helpless in the face of a natural diuretic.

No comments: