Thursday, November 12, 2009

Game the motherf*ck on motherf*ckers!

CONFIRMED: moving into the badass little rowhouse of my (current) dreams. We worked out the finals last night with our friend and we begin moving stat! We have a pretty hectic couple of weekends coming up so it needs to start happening sooner than later. I'm also hopeful that HN will toss some of his stuff while we go through it all. He keeps claiming I am the packrat and he is an angel, but this is clearly evidence of his inability to honestly examine himself. It's also a side effect of him storing his extra crap in one of "my" rooms here, so my room does indeed look like it's full of random crap I don't use, but it's mostly his stuff. I'm hoping I can convince him to get rid of things like the big white computer he's been carrying around since the 90s and that hasn't turned on in this decade.

We're going have a packathon on Friday and then try to haul 1-2 truck loads of the least essential big stuff this weekend. I'm out of town most of the next weekend, then there's Thanksgiving, when we were planning to be out of town again from Weds-Sunday. That might get cut short, what with it being the last weekend to move and all.

Gah. I'm glad to know where we're going definitively and I'm excited to be back in Hampden, but I seriously hate the work part of moving.

Sneak Peek: Meet my new (probable) office space. HN is still making fake overtures that he wants to be the one habiting this space, but I'm pretty sure he's just being taunting because I've clearly already unpacked into the space.


So this is the view from the second bedroom. See stairwell on the left, skylight above it causes that big brightness you see. In the other houses of the same build we looked at, the weird random space above the stairwell was a stupid little room. Hard to explain, makes no sense but it was stupid, trust me.


Not here! One of the architects made 2 key changes to the joint in the name of common sense and good design.
1) little area instead of being a silly overgrown closet is a cool little office nook!


With slamming amounts of storage! You can't tell but the blue wall doesn't go all the way to the white wall, and if you peek around the blue corner there is more hidden storage! Surely I can keep my mess contained...
2) The second key change is that they pushed back the actual wall upstairs some, which allows the skylight to actually go through down to the living room downstairs, which adds a bit of sunlight to the living room, which is always tough with rowhouses. So the green wall that is the back of the desk in other houses would be 1 ft back and hogging the light from the dowstairs.

Like I said, it's the little things in this joint that make a big difference.

More pics later...