Thursday, March 4, 2010

2 legit, 2 legit 2 quit

You're welcome!

Oh man, you guys are missing out on whole periods of my life. I take a million pictures, somehow uploading them to the computer has become a chore so I don't blog about them because why tell a story if you're not going to have pics and then by the time I do upload pics, the story's old and I just don't bother. You deserve better than that, so instead of working today, I'm dedicating my lunch hour to you, the people. All 3 of you.

So this past weekend as previously stated, HN and I went up to NYC to visit with his family. His sister is now home from Haiti and wanted to show everyone her pics and talk about her time there. We were offered accommodations by HN's godmother who is one of the nicest people EVER, but since we couldn't in good conscience kick her out of her bed we decided to rent a hotel nearby. HN put me on hotel patrol and since I love a challenge I set out to find some budget accommodations in the city and came up with the Hotel Gershwin.

Check it out!

Spermtastic!!!

Maybe you agree, but if you don't you're wrong. They did look like giant sperm hanging off the building. The theme continued inside, that one over the door goes all the way in and down the lobby- it's totally a sperm! There's also a HUGE bowl of condoms on the counter, because this is a hotel/hostel and things appear to get freaky on the 12th floor. HN was careful to stay close, lest his junk get fondled invitingly.

The room was definitely budget, but did the trick. Bed, bathroom, tv? check. 79 bucks? I'll take it. Apparently a lot of famous people stay there too, because they had pictures of them all over the hotel:


Sat night was nice, Sunday afternoon we killed at the Museum of Art and Design Slash exhibit, then headed home because I needed cheese and HN had work to do.

I busted out Pioneer Woman's Mac n Cheese, being VERY careful to stick to the recipe and it turned out pretty AWESOME! Who knew quantities really mattered?

Check mah cheese!

What's that? You want to know more about that cheese shredder looking beasty in the background? Why step right up and meet the Original Saladmaster Machine!

It slices, it dices, it shreds, it does other stuff....

I totally scabbed this from my Nana's kitchen when she moved into her new place. Old and foreign cookware is my jam, and she didn't disappoint. This is my greatest treasure. Apparently, my grandfather was a big fan of ordering gadgets out of the back of magazines, and in 1950 he ordered this little gem. I know the exact date because my grandmother's still pissed about it, and though she sometimes forgets the names of her children she will never forget those who pissed her off. Irish Alzheimers we call it.

Anyhoo, the Saladmaster is my shit. I have been known to shred entire bags of carrots just because once you start, it's too fun to stop. Someday I'll have a full on saladmaster infomercial made up for you all.

And speaking of infomercials, I just ordered a flip HD for my nephew. I plan to test it before passing it on, just, you know, to make sure it works and stuff. I've been practicing sounding informative and excited, and haven't told HN why. It's a pretty awesome game. Sometimes he infomercials back without even knowing why he's doing it. I'm fairly certain life is only going to get better once the camera actually arrives.

ShamWOW!

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's AWESOME!!!! Everyone needs a Saladmaster!!!