Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No animals were harmed in the making of this post

Because it's Veggie Tuesday! Seriously this time! I ate like a whole cow last week and roughly half a pig so I might even throw in a 3rd meatless day this week to atone. (Maybe veggie tuesday is referred to now as VT? Something must sound cooler, I'll have to think on it. Though VT can be used for Tuesdays and Thursdays, and that's like recycling so maybe that is the answer...)

You might be noticing that the pendulum's swung back the other way and I'm all cheery again. Well, I'm faking it until I make it because I was getting a frown line, but either way you reap the benefits. Today is going to be a total success I just know it! I even entered like 100 internet contests just to prove it. I feel lucky!

Dinner is going to be squash, fennel and onion, which is always outrageously delish and for a side I'm torn between barley pilaf (tempting because it would finish the barley and is delicious, not tempting because I'm eating my way through the most mediocre pot of soup that I made last week in a failed attempt to finish the barley and a bunch of veggies that were going downhill fast and I'm close to barleyed out) and Forbidden Rice in a pilaf of some sort or laced with carrot shreds. and I can't help it, every time I make or say Forbidden Rice, my head goes right to that horrible lambada movie from the 80s and I run around singing a far removed approximation of the song at top volume. Sometimes, I pretend I'm the medicine man and I try to cure Star's ailment with an asp, only I don't have an asp so I have to settle for waving the cat at her while singing the song, which I guess means I'm being both the medicine man and the amazon princess but whatevs: I'm pretty confident I can handle both jobs and the cat doesn't seem to mind. The song really gives me the extra boost I need to make it. That and the 2nd cup of coffee.

In fact, sing with me friends! Seriously. Really good for getting people out of your personal space, and/or your general vicinity. And if you're not convinced that you should watch this clip, here's the movie description:

"An Amazon Indian princess, in an attempt to save her rain forest home from the destructive forces of a greedy corporation, travels to Los Angeles in hopes of convincing the company to change its ways"

It may be 9 minutes of your life that you'll never get back but the song will stay with you for ever.

Now, there's also a fully Spanish version of the song and that's actually the one I sing and I think it's really better in that case that I don't know Spanish. It really adds something.

OMG. martes sin carne ! that is SO the answer! Danger, mystery, manjar.....

No comments: