Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Macaroni and cheesing it.

So I ended up with an extra day in Boise IDAPIMP because my coworker can't do the math and must have been holding some of the wacky in his hand while counting on his fingers (3 day ground is not the same as 4 day ground, bro and I WILL tase you). The camera that was supposed to arrive yesterday, allowing me to assemble it last night and train users on it this morning and fly to Portland this afternoon instead arrived 11am today, so I put it together and trained all day today, thereby missing my Portland flight and extending my ID experience by 14 hours. When I yelled at him about this (ok, one of the times I yelled at him about this) yesterday, he told me it would work out and we would "Ham and Egg it" I didn't know then and I don't know now what the fuck that means. I told him I hate stupid ham (this is truth!) and hung up before he hurt my head by explaining further. (update: you must be kidding. This is a real expression?!)

Here's what I'm doing with my time:

-NOT going to the Basque museum. Because it is closed, but I think it's neat that there are other people here. ( I don't get out enough?) I watched some Boise public access last night, and although the Basque people do not speak English, I was still compelled and unable to look away.

-DID go to The Bardenay. Trivia: Sailors used to call cocktails Bardenays, and now, so do I. Plus my boss told me to upgrade my dinner plans last night, and my airport driver dude had mentioned the bloody Mary's there so I was inclined to try. I give it a 5 because I can't dance to it. Also, I disliked their tomato juice. But their hummus gets an 8.

-Today I saw a stoned looking gal cruising down the street. We went through 2 intersections together by happenstance, then I couldn't help but notice her conspicuous nervous glances back at me, like she thought I was following her (in my fantasy she was afeared that I was a narc. Because also in my fantasy I look Narc-y and G-Mannish in my fancy pants). So I did what any bored traveler with too much time on their hands does, and actually started following her for a bit. Good times, I'm pretty sure she hid under a car because I lost her in a parking lot. I draw the line at actually LOOKING for her, besides I had started to wonder if she was crazy not stoned (she def looked stoned though) and if it might be a bad idea to incite her further. It was fun while it lasted.

-I'm going to take a page out of HareBrained Coworkers book: make meal expressions into verbs, and then begin committing those actions. Tonight I will Mac and Cheese it. Fact: I love Mac and Cheese and I know we were meant to be together. Another Fact: I continually seek out delicious new experiences containing said ambrosia. I have been having The Craving for a couple of weeks now, and finally caved the other night when I took myself out to One World Cafe because I had googled "delicious mac and cheese baltimore" and their name came up and I love them anyway. (The MnC was a solid 7, but I thought the tomatoes were extraneous) I have also experienced Mac and Cheese wonder in Portland (The Doug Fir, and I give it a 9), and several times in Boston. So now I will add Boise to the list, as I have asked the google "where shall I go?" and I believe the google has answered. There's a fat dude downstairs at the desk, and I want to run my thoughts by him just to be sure. If he doesn't dig it, I won't waste my time. (Update: you must be kidding me again. They closed LAST WEEK) Perhaps I will Burger and Fries it. Or Samosa and Vindaloo it. I don't know, this really gums up the works. All I do know anymore is that I will be enjoying a luscious bardenay of sort.

Here's to you Idaho!

No comments: