Sunday, October 5, 2008

What do...

35 acres of farmland including a pond, an old farmhouse, and 20 kind of creepy because they're empty but full of potential horse barns have in common?

Well it might be me! Hopefully. If we can work out the financials, then HN and I will be relocating to a farmhouse on a now defunct horse farm in the county. Friends of his (ours now I guess) just bought it. It is the plot that adjoins their land, and when it went on sale they couldn't risk developers buying it so they did. Now they need someone to live in the house, help with the small farm they're hoping to start up and take care of the pond. I think Star and I (and HN) are the ones for the job!

The house is more house than we need (2500SF), and would be about impossible to furnish but it has the most interesting assortment of rooms and spaces. It was constructed largely on the whims of the people living there, so there are rooms that were blatantly added onto the main structure just because someone felt like having a bathroom where there's a tub that sits on a corner of the house surrounded by windows, and that overlooks the field where the sun sets (I personally am 100% on board with this room, but it doesn't stop there)

The woman who lives there now is the most toxic person I have ever met, so it was hard to give the house a fair shake when it's filled with her obvious seething hatred and her creepy knife throwing child, not to mention their frightened illegal help, but I am a firm believer in the power of Merry Maids, white paint and eviction of said toxic party. As is our potential landlord, hence the whole situation coming about in the first place. Like I said, I won't know for sure until we talk turkey with her next week, but I'm scoping out overalls and straw hats just in case it goes well.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

Fabulous!!!

Don't worry about the small details. Just get what you want. :D