Thursday, August 6, 2009

EMERGENCY- live blogging!

This mundane post about life on the bucolic farm with a dash of "how cool is this hornet's nest I found?" is being interrupted because I am UNDER ATTACK. Another f*cking bird in the kitchen, and I haven't even had coffee yet. Honestly, fledglings should need a degree or something before they're let out of the nest. At least they always end up in the same windowed corner where I have 4 windows to open to let them out.

ETA: F*CK! No less than 5 seconds after I open all the windows that would have made escape and easy and convenient hop away, dude decides to go for it and heads directly for my picture window at high speed, smashes into it and lands on my computer, which I promptly dumped him off of and ran away with. He has been barricaded into the kitchen, but I have to go back. HN doesn't do bird duty, he's all trying to teach me to be brave or something and won't get out of bed because apparently "it won't hurt you, it's a baby" He hasn't seen this dudes beak. NO JOKE! and his feet are huge too, which may not add to the danger but adds to the unpleasantness of the sight. BAH!

ETA: Uh oh. I think little dude is not ok. He's all panting beak open and not trying to run away when I went near him with giant tupperware and manila folder aka bird battle gear in tow. Now he's outside, where I was really hoping he'd perk up and fly away but instead he's hanging out and still panting. Doh. It was a fairly solid hit, I hope he's not broken because that probably means I'll have to touch him.

I think if I had safety goggles I would feel better when dealing with birds. Maybe HN can get me a riot mask from the chem dept. I am so not ok with birds! Especially twitchy ones in enclosed spaces. blargh.

Dont let the beasy eyes fool you, this dude is EVIL!



insert theme from Psycho here!

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I don't think you have any idea how badly I want to fill your house with birds and listen to your screams. To be fair, I would totally throw you some safety goggles.