Wednesday, August 18, 2010

so much to say, so little sense with which to say it

We went to NY for the weekend/Mon/Tues to help HN's dad around the house and stuff. I drove the last leg home, since HN had done it on the way up. We rolled in around 1am, and I kicked around the house until 4:00 IN THE MORNING because I was all hopped up on iced coffee and Skittles. Mental note: you are too old to drink coffee at 9pm. and Skittles? Just no. I can't help it though, driving is like license to chill in the food dept. Potato chips and Skittles = POWAH!

I did get a ton of stuff done though, my unpacking and crap, and cleaned the kitchen (dishwasher notwithstanding. We have GOT to remember not to go away with dirty stuff in there. Seriously.)

On a more exciting -because it doesn't take much- note, this morning while reheating some carrot/sweet potato soup I found in the freezer I discovered that that gross textural thing that happens to potato soup when you freeze it and reheat can be undone with a quick blast of the immersion blender- I'm talking velvet soup where once there was weird chunky/watery stuff (that still tasted fine so I was going to eat it no matter what because there really are very few options available to me right now).

Praise be! Go forth and re-liquefy.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

Dude, I so hear you on the road trip = food you'd never eat escapade. It's like I am 5 again, except I'm behind the wheel making all the decisions. Wait... that might not be limited exclusively to road trips...