Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's always when you forget that you remember how important remembering can be

  • Like bringing your camera when you go on a bike ride, because you're going somewhere specifically to look at the prettiness. Yesterday I took a sunset bike ride through Druid Lake Park and to the Rawlings Conservatory because their outdoor garden is amazing and inspiring. I went without my camera, so of course the light was just right, all the plants were blooming and I passed a solitary handsome man practicing his trumpet in the park. Because pictures of all of that would have sucked right? Said man was my favorite part, I think because I'm not sure he will be there next time while all the other stuff should be. I noticed him at first because he was looking around to make sure noone was looking, which is always a flag for me that something awesome is about to go down, so I parked my bike and took a water break to hang out and see what was doing. Imagine my surprise when he started busting out trumpet scales. That was sooooooo not what I thought he was getting out of the trunk! After a while he noticed I was there and was all "I'm struggling a little today", which I think was meant to encourage me to leave, but really only served to put me in automatic cheerleader mode. I heart underdogs and sad people; they are my kryptonite, at least the first few times. Every time he made a mistake he would look to see if I was there and I would give a big smile and wave and yell something encouraging. Eventually he stopped looking, but I kept yelling. My top 3 lines (IMHO) were:
  1. "that one wasn't even that bad, I wouldn't even have noticed if you didn't stop"
  2. "It will get easier the more you do it"
  3. "ok, ouch that one was bad. But that's why you're out here practicing right? RIGHT?!"
I like to think I'll be seeing more of him, and he'll be thanking me from stage when he gets there.

  • Also like: If you have a fibertastic menu for a full day because you feel bloated and want to get the (other) poison out, then it's a good idea to stay near the house the next morning when you have your coffee. Specifically, don't go for a walk with your old lazy farty dog who doesn't understand about emergencies and won't jog home with you (not that jogging was that great an idea anyway).
  • That's really all I have right now. I haven't yet remembered what else I forgot.

2 comments:

The Great Explorer said...

What's that word? You know the one that means you have forgotten something? You know the one right? It means you don't remember? Oh man, it's right at the tip of my tongue! I mean, I'm practically staring it in the face here... uh... you know the one... not forgotten but... sounds like...

damn it, it's gone.

The Great Explorer said...

Wait. How did you bullet? I love bullets.