Saturday, July 28, 2007

Century club!

yes, I ks, have made history by finishing the ginormous box of freeze pops I bought at wal-mart like 2 years ago. It truly is the end of an era here at Casa di apathe'. It wasn't an easy job, but it had to be done.

This is pretty much the highlight of my weekend, it has been largely thus far time without result. My list of things to do is getting overwhelmingly long so I've spent the day trying to make a dent in it, with little success.

It's my fault, I took a lot of "personal time" this week, and now it's time to pay the piper. I unfortunately slacked myself into a corner, to a degree which is unusual for me, but I had a last minute trip pop up. Anyhow... I worked on documentation for work until 1am last night, and did more this morning. Before I go to bed tonight I will do more yet.

Then in personal matters I also tried to square my account with the Curtains of Doom and get them out of my life, but I have yet to succeed there. I just had to stop, I worked 5 hours today hunched over this table and I just want to set them on fire at this point. I had to put them somewhere else for safekeeping but I am almost done. There is hope.

Right now I'm taking a break from being goal oriented and having some dinner while I contemplate the most refreshing summer beverage, quite possilby ever.

Fresh Basil Strawberry lemonade. Trust me on this one.

Simmer 2 cups basil leaves with 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups water for 30-45 min
strain out the solids and reserve liquid
pulp 2-3 lemons into this mix (more if you want)
add 2 cups water (more or less depending on how strong you want it)
chill. serve over ice with fresh strawberries mixed or, or possiby just use frozen ones like i did because i had no ice cubes. they were edible and delicious by the end.

also, add vodka if you like sometime.

and with that, im back to my torments.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

Anyone willing to cut into their work time to tell me the recipe of a tasty diverse beverage is a hero in my book. When regarding you, this is blatantly obvious, I know. I don't usually run the risk of stating blatantly obvious things, but when I put my nose to the grind stone there is nothing I appreciate more than positive reinforcement. You, my friend, are a female diety without rival. Witness.