Thursday, July 26, 2007

The only good bug...

...is a dead one. That kitty killed and bit in half like 4 days ago, so it's all dry and not nasty anymore and can be tidily scooped up with an envelope or something. Just found one of those and I was being thankful for coming across the corpse this way because giant bugs are not nearly as fun to find when they're:
  • a) alive and huge and coming right at you
  • b) newly killed and stuck to the floor leaking innards
  • c)in the process of being eaten by your previously cuddly looking cat who is in actuality a stone face killer and eating a bug with the same mouth that will be chilling out on your bed in 20 min. Don't get me wrong, the stone faced killer thing is dead handy round the house, and kind of a bad ass alter ego for the common cat but that live bug shit's happened to me before and it's just gross.
I fucking hate bugs. When I go camping, I stop drinking fluids at dusk and don't pee after dark because one time when I was backpacking and I went out to pee and looked down and the floor of the woods was COVERED with moving shit. Indiana Jones type stuff.

Anyhoo, I was cruising around and I tripped over some thing called "what's for dinner weds" where you show everyone something you made to eat. Since I decided people should know more about the mundane details of my life, I thought I'd institute a little venture called "what's for dinner when my lazy ass gets around to picture gathering" Tonight is the first episode, but look for more to come, because I just got this cookbook (for 8 BUCKS. I rule.)

So. Tonight's dinner is a yummy little Mediterranean medley brought to you by the fact that I love cilantro, it's too hot to cook, and I have 8 tomato plants growing in my yard.

1)Tabouleh salad
2)Diced tomatoes, because I pretty much eat them any way they go now.
3)Cilantro-Jalapeno hummus

I never pay attention to what I do but these recipes are close to what I made. I'm shoveling it in with a tortilla but a pita would do it too.

Cold, spicy and delicious. This might be a big summer feature. and you can pretty much put chopped frozen spinach into anything you cook I've decided, because I used it in the hummus and the tabouleh and I'm going to put some in the smoothie I'm making before I go climbing.

Cos that's how I do.

No comments: