Thursday, July 5, 2007

Catch up time!

hmmmm...it's been a while, where to begin. I've had lots of fantastic rants come and go through my head over the last couple of weeks, but alas was never near a computer to share them with you all. Which is a bummer, because a couple of them were doozies, but I've forgotten them all at this point.

Any second now, I am going to put my Guatemala pictures up here and on my Flickr site. It was an amazing trip and a beautiful country and I want to go back and spend more time there. I'm newly motivated to square away my affairs and get myself into a position where I can spend more time traveling. I've always had a bit of wanderlust, but actually going someplace is a huge kick in the butt for me. I'm currently trying to devise a realistic plan and timeline to be free, I'll keep you all informed. and I think I'm going to make more of an effort to learn Spanish now. I've got several friends who speak various levels of Spanish, so I can inflict myself upon them for practice and also, in my fantasy I go to Guatemala for a month of Spanish school next year. We'll see. I know it's doable, but there are some sacrifices I have to consider such as giving up living alone in the name of saving money. It's not something I really want to do, but if I took on a roommate or 2 I could bank some serious money. When I'm done with the plan for my liberation, I'll see what change in timeline would be affected by having additional income in the house and make my decision then. I love living alone, but living alone in Baltimore vs living in Guatemala or some other country might be the kicker. Of course, winning the lottery is the ultimate answer but it's not working so far.

ok, I think that's all for now. Technically I should be "working" but in actuality I'm spending lots of time in the library thanks to some Bad Mexican I had the other night. It was so authentic it even came with Montezuma's revenge. doh!

No comments: