Sunday, July 15, 2007

A lovely Sunday, come and gone. and oh, the linkage!

I'm feeling linky today. Click, click, click !

Today was a nice little culmination of the weekend. I spent yesterday around the house, being deskmaster (pictures to come) and yardmaster (no pictures, because there was poo and bugs involved, and well ick.) In the end it was worth the work, and it was actually nice to be home and just puttering but I hate to have a weekend full of that, it's just too much. Or not enough as the case may be.

So after a delicious breakfast, I moseyed on down to Bethesda to visit Mike and we hit the Capital Crescent Trail from Bethesda to DC. It was a lovely 7 mile jaunt, but bullshit hot out. The saving grace was undoubtedly the greenery. I didn't have my camera, but picture a nice verdant tunnel if you will, with a paved 2 lane bike trail down the middle. aaah.

Anyhoo, the universe gained another point on me with a particularly cruel joke. We stopped at a water fountain, both having neglected to bring water and everyone ahead of me stopped to sip some delicious beverage. When it was my turn to go the fountain did not work. I shit you not, and I wasn't using it wrong. sigh. I just laughed, because that is classic stuff. So on we went to a little lunchery in Georgetown, where I had a delicious lunch and some primo people watching, and 3 glasses of water.

I'm currently looking into some software stuff online, riding out the remains of the day. I should wrap up deskmastery tomorrow and present you with some results. Look forward to it, it's going to rock!

No comments: