Thursday, January 17, 2008

A hip-hop MC performs with improvised rhyme and the spoken word, typically over a thumping beat.

TGIT. Have I mentioned lately that Thursday is my favorite day?

I will be glad to see this week go. It's been a little like Hell, only much much colder. It hasn't been all bad I'm sure, I just can't think of the good stuff right now. It's actually been workalicious because I have NSI coming inline for the "seriously this time, it's final" deployment in the next couple of months, plus my new project at Cool Portland Institution (CPI from now on) and my coworker is away on rendezvous in Cali with an "actress". (I have no idea how, but he totally said it with a straight face so I'm taking it as fact) What this means to me theoretically is that I have to cover his support calls. What this means in fact is that I have to clean up his mess. He's not what you call "bothered" by details. Details like SQL server opening databases ok, or clinical machines transmitting data. Sigh.
Like I said, I will be glad to see this week go.

Hmm. on deck for the weekend is supposed to be my debut at hot yoga, but I pinched a nerve in my neck so I'm not sure that's the right thing to do right now. Perhaps some Icy Hot and knitting is in order, I hear it's supposed to be CRAP for weather.

Other than that, I'm trying to plan a surprise for someone, but how do you plan a party when everyone's pissed at the guest of honor for not returning their phone calls? So far in response to my "Hi, we've never met, I'm your friend's girlfriend and I'm trying to have a party for him" mailing, I've gotten equal responses of "yeah I can make it" and "I've been trying to get in touch with the guy for 6mos where the hell has he been?" I think a special birthday boy I know might be getting a secretary for his birthday! Crap. Should I be discussing this here? hmmm....
I'm totally counting on him not being into the blog thing and having forgotten the address of this by now. Otherwise, I'm f'ed (and not in the good way).

the batphone's ringing, back to my crisis. sigh.

No comments: