Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 it is then.

So far so good. It started a little rough, there was a BSOD and an important, open, unsaved document in notepad. Lesson learned.

Have run a few times though, and that's going ok. It's not as bad as it has been when I've tried to go back in times past, and with the cold snap we've had lately it's like the ultimate head rush. Sick I know, but I like it.

I've been slowly but surely cleaning up and organizing the office room. I don't know what it is about the prospect of moving that inspires me to finally unpack and live in a place, but there it is. I am seriously this time going to post pics of the office when it's done, which should be after tomorrow. Hopefully I will get to enjoy the new office for at least a couple of months before heading out. ha.

On deck for the weekend are 1)finishing a couple of knitted stuffs that just need buttons on, etc (somehow the hardest part for me) 2) finishing the quilt (seriously this time) and mailing people xmas and birthday presents (better late than never)

First I have to survive this day though. I'm at - you guessed it- NSI today and everyone's idiocy and surliness seem to have been renewed with the holidays. And they didn't need the help for the most part. My new year's resolution was to be nicer and less hateful of the complete and utter fuckups I encounter so regularly in this place. (ok I lied, I dont make resolutions. But I was going to try to be a better person) That's right out the window. It's easy not to hate them until I see them, or hear them as the case may be.
My *new* pseudo-resolution is to get them to sign enough binding documents that their uselessness isn't my problem. It's more work, but the next best thing to being there.

TGIF

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I have read this so many times now I can recite it word for word. Obsessive? Whatever you want to call it, but geez man, I need some KS bloggerificness stat.