Sunday, January 13, 2008

My motivational speaking tour starts later!

First of all I would like to say happiness is a warm cookie and a hot cup of coffee when someone else does both the mess-making and the cleanup. This balmy Sunday finds me tucked back in the safest corner ever at a coffee shop. My seat is perfect: close to the exit, literally in a little nook big enough only for the table and chair I'm seated at. Said table and seat are elevated AND reside on a platform up a step from the floor so I have a bird's eye view. Primo people watching habitat, with the added bonus of there being no way anyone can sit next to me and ruin it by talking before I've finished my coffee. I really couldn't ask for anything more. Except perhaps the sight of HN, who is among the people I am watching, he having been moved to seek out a totally different ride as far as seating goes. He's a couch chiller. I have to appreciate a man who can and does detach himself to the other side of the room when we go somewhere together. Especially before my coffee.

Speaking of before my coffee, I have decided that nothing can ever happen before coffee. It's just stupid. The reaffirmation of this came this morning, when for some reason I decided to bump my evening run up to the morning and see how that suited me. Not at all is the answer. Given the fall I took the other day while ostensibly fully awake, I'm not sure why I was moved to try moving quickly before spending enough time waking up. Suffice it to say it's probably not my new routine to go running before coffee anymore.

What is apparently my new routine though is traveling. Back from a whirlwind NC tour, I'm getting ready to head to Oregon soon for a new project I'm beginning and I can't wait. Meetings have conveniently been scheduled for Weds-Friday, with plane and hotels being conveniently scheduled for Tuesday-Sunday. I'm looking forward to kicking it in Portland for the weekend. I've heard so much about it and I am pretty excited to go exploring, plus I have an in town tour guide hopefully ready to show me around. However if that falls through it seems like Portland is the kind of town it should happen in as I'm betting I can find enough to do there to occupy myself. And I love being on planes, because these days it's about the only time my work phone isn't ringing, and with no possibility of online access, my obligation to work is all but absent. That means it's knitting time! I don't have anything going but am planning on starting something before I go and undoubtedly finishing it while in transit.

There's also some South America looming in my future but until I've bought the ticket I'm laying low on the rooftop shouting bit.

In the "holy shit how far behind in life am I?" sweepstakes, here's the picture that was going to be on my Christmas card. I know you didn't get one. You're not alone, as I never got around to sending them out. Just imagine this coming in the mail ok? and with some witty caption that I'm not thinking of right now because I feel no obligation until coffee time has passed.
She will literally do anything for a cookie. I should be having more fun with this.

No comments: