Monday, August 27, 2007

Sanctuary

Warning: droll post. Probably only my girlfriends are going to care about this. Boys, go away now trust me; you don't care.

So the bathroom is done. The funny part is, it's so simple now and that's what the work was all about. It seems funny to me to spend so much time undoing things that were doing and having that be the change. Maybe it's just me. Anyhow, it used to be full of crap, which I didn't realize made it dark and dirty looking. Once I got everything out so I could think about what I wanted to do, I realized "nothing" was kind of the answer. I hung up the plant that had been in there, one of the birthday plants I bought and a third plant I bought at the conservatory was put down on the toilet back for a moment until I realized I liked how it looked so now it lives there. this happens a lot with me, and I also think I have an issue with the number 3, as I tend to group things in 3s. Something to think on.

I've also moved the Durer up there so that it can get the light it needs to be really appreciated. I like to think the hare nibbles on the fern at night, like the toys in Toy Story.

So anyhow, this is where I've been hanging out when the rest of the house freaks me out (less so now that PMS has passed)
Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.
Sigh. so clean and light. aaaahhh...

Some might casually observe I have 2 rolls of TP. this is true. the one on the roller is Kitty's healthy outlet for rage. We all need one, and when I lock him out of my room at night he takes it out on the roller. If there is nothing there for him to shred he will find something else. We've decided it's the best thing for our relationship to give him this outlet. Also, Terrence Howard would love me.



and this is one of the plants I bought myself on my birthday. I have some serious interspecies love for this plant. I don't know why, I'm just so taken with it. I even mist it, it's very high maintenance.

Little fern of love.

3 comments:

Ichiro A said...

I see feet! LOL

The bathroom looks great! Thats funny about kitty... I feel you pain.

coulyn said...

the bathroom looks so good without that dark shelf! love the love fern!

The Great Explorer said...

This post had a ton of meaning for me. Ton. Do you know how much that is?