Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What *is* the proper way to mark so momentus an occasion ??

Today it is all about me. I mean, really it always is anyway in my sphere, but today is that one day a year when the rest of the universe catches up with me and we all celebrate my presence together, and with cake. Yes all, it is my birthday and a biggie at that. Today I am dirty thirty, GAME ON.
Recognize bitches. I didn't do it, I swear it was like this when I found it!


It's been pouring for days, which some might take offence to, but in light of the fact that it was 90s and disgusting for weeks prior, I view this as my own personal birthday gift from the universe. I can now stop with the ritual sacrifice of spiders because the rain has come. Amen.

I love this weather, what better excuse to curl up with a dog and a book, light some candles and kick back in bed with some coffee and do nothing. I'm not actually doing that right now, but I totally could if I wanted and that's the point. When the weather is nice I always feel like I should be out enjoying it and I have guilt pangs about being inside so it's nice to have a day practically designed for staying in now and then. A girl gets tired of constantly being on the go you know.

and considering the home improvement spectacle I am making of myself these days I *really* need a stay in couple of days. That story is a million miles long, a twisty tale of yard sale treasure finds, ADD, my long stifled but once again wandering imagination, and the hunt for the perfect armchair (or 5, yes 5. I need them.). I'll spare the details, opting instead to post pictures of the rooms as they are finished (which none are yet, hence no pictures) but today I'm going to get the finishing touches for the bathroom so I will have at least something to show for myself. And also one place to go when I need to get away from the overwhelming clutter that the rest of the house has become in my quest to get things "more comfortable, with options" which is the ultimate goal here. Wait and see, I have some gnarly ideas for painting, I hope it looks as good on the walls as it does in my head.

In the meantime I will be here stepping over things, putting additional holes in the wall and grunting as I shove furniture back and forth across the house. And then, because I'm worth it, I'm taking me shopping for some new climbing shoes and possibly a plant or 2 (though I've acquired so many in the past week that are currently without homes that perhaps I will limit myself to some nice planters and hangers in the adventures of today).

I'll keep you posted, I hope to have some pics to show later. In the meantime, here's a little cameo of my co-birthday star, who is 9 today (or somewhere in the area of today, noone really knows for sure but today seems as good a day as any). She's decided it's tacky to work on our birthday so she's taking it easy this morning, but staying nearby as any good co-pilot tends to do.

She loves the smell of bone on her birthday...

And this is that same photo from my point of view. Confession: I love the smell of dog feet.

"helping"

don't hate her because she's beautiful...

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I was told I would miss the rain. I refused to agree. After reading this post, I miss the rain. Thanks. Well, at least I don't vandalize other peoples property to force others into celebration of the aging process. :D Yet.