Monday, April 14, 2008

Chuck Norris doesn't throw up when he drinks, he throws DOWN

I'm amazed at the outpouring of support on the colon cleansing thing. Who knew so many of my friends were also curious? Anyhow, I sort of stalled out on that, but as of today I'm back on track.

Today is the first day of (at least) 90 days of healthy living, so it seemed only right to cover all the bases. The real impetus for the 90 days thing (aside from seeing if/hoping I feel better) is that I'm signed up for a 10K in June, and HN has expressed skepticism. Nothing motivates me more than a detractor, so I intend to get my shit together, run this race and quite possibly do the dirty bird across the finish line. Today, I get my derailed training back on track. I was comfortably up to 3.5 miles as of a few weeks ago, so I'm utterly confident I can do 6.2 miles but for the purposes of securing bragging rights it is VERY IMPORTANT I get this done. I am serious. I went out of my way this weekend to brag myself into a corner, and I turned it up. There will be no end to ridicule if I don't skate through the tape here.

And so I thought that since I was going to start training, which means being mostly careful about what goes in (sangria contains fruit and is always ok), I should also work on getting historical bad food choices out. Seriously, I can see myself becoming addicted to this, and not just because I'm compulsive and love having routines to stick to. I don't know that I'll be one of those people writing to the websites and sending pictures in (why write to strangers when I can describe to friends!?) but I've given the psyllium it's own dedicated scoop and put it right next to where the Magic Bullet is (smoothie making central). I've also bought the biggest jar of probiotics I could get my grubby little hands on, and there's plans to return to Whole Foods to round out the cleanse with some tea "they" recommend (and while I'm on the subject, god bless the internet and it's myriad of other people who love to cleanse and poo!).

With the day's opening smoothie out of the way, I'm now planning the rest of the day's meals. It's going spinach salad and delicious quiche I made for lunch and lentil soup for dinner. I'm totally tempting fate with the amount of fiber I'm looking at for the day overall, but I'm in it to win it. I just need to make sure that fiber expulsion doesn't coincide with running/climbing. That could get weird.

Speaking of climbing, I'm off to Portland, OR in just over 2 weeks now. It's a work trip, but since I will have friends and a couple of weekends out there, expect great things in the climbing field. Here's a pic of Mt Hood from the parking lot, from the last time when I went glissading. The cars help with the scale, but you still don't get it. Huge about covers it I guess.


And here's a view down from one of the places we stopped to catch breath. This is the sunset, and had the camera not died, I would have had some bomb ass full moon on the snowy mountain pics as well. Ah well.

Check out my sweet axe. We should battle.

No comments: