Monday, April 14, 2008

What's that smell?

it's.....FREEDOM bitches! The piano is officially GONE, but not forgotten. And I donated it to the bar up the street so I can even go play with it now and again. Funny is 5 skinny emo dudes trying to lift a piano, only to be surprised by the fact that it's heavy. No worries though, they were able to rally and get it done, with my invaluable moral support and cheers of "yay!" to get them through. The last I saw of it, it was loaded into the back of one very sad looking little pickup truck, being played by one of the aforementioned emo dudes, which overall made for a happy little ending.

So now I have a giant half empty hole in my heart and my living room but I can finally breathe. Let's all take a moment to mock my commitment-phobia and inability to cope with not being utterly mobile, even though I have no plans to go anywhere anyway. There. Now, moving on.


Travel plans are underway for the 2nd annual HN/KS storm the world extravaganza. As Guatemala did last year, Alaska keeps popping up this year. We're thinking 2 weeks out, and then HN will stay on and either work with friends or ride his bike around. None of this is finalized yet, HN is still considering other possibilities but I know a divine sign when I see it, and the one I'm seeing says "Go to Alaska". It has NOTHING to do with the 9:1 male:female ratio.

At all.

And also: I'm reading South by Ernest Shackleton. Holy shit. I might never complain again about something being hard to do. Ok, that's a lie but I bet I don't for at least a week.

1 comment:

cariaso said...

9:1
the odds are good, but the goods are odd.