Tuesday, April 8, 2008

imminent explosions

Now that NSI is up and live, I can see the joy in life again. This means I am back to inflicting myself and my completely juvenile sense of humor on the masses. Feels good.

Yesterday, I was talking to one of the Drs and I was discussing an ftp server setup. -ness being an amazingly versatile suffix in my life, I began to discuss the ftp-ness, meaning all things related to the ftp job in question. After about the 3rd time saying it I realized it sounds a bit like ft-penis. I did very well for the first 10 seconds after figuring this out, but then I kept forgetting what I was saying because of the running "you said Penis. do not laugh" monologue in my head. I didn't last very long after that, and said Dr was horrified, though I'm not sure if it's because he got it and my 12 year old-ness irked him, or because he didn't get it and I burst out in mysterious laughter and walked away mid conversation. That one kept me going for a while though, man. Sometimes.

Today someone sent me a "YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY RETARDED HERE IS WHAT I MEAN IN ALL CAPS AND VERY SMALL WORDS" email. So naturally, I wrote back and asked for clarification. I think the dude blew an O-ring, some people *really* need to relax.

oh! and I've been playing "will it smoothie" some more (you can never taste spinach and always taste corn, which does not go with Banana), but also I was in Whole Foods and saw a bunch of Colon cleansing kits. I know, I'm venturing a bit out there with this one, but I've talked about these things with friends. I'm intrigued, the stuff they show on the web is just unreal and I am curious to know if I too will be 5lb lighter, feel better and live longer by dumping 5lbs and 7ft of sticky nasty cancer making toxins, and I'm this close to finding out. However, I'm not quite there yet.

So I was checking some of the ingredients and noticed these Psyllium seed husks always seem to be involved. Coincidentally, Crazy Aunt Purl was talking about them too and I decided twice is a sign so I put back the 7 component master blaster pack and grabbed up a container for the bargain price of 3 AMERICAN DOLLARS. I'm sorry but you can't beat that with a stick, and furthermore, if it's the same thing in metamucil but this cheap, I know of few of you out there who ought to try this as well. It's huge! and good for you!

I was a little nervous about adding too much to this morning's smoothie, as I'm in meetings all day and I think we all remember the last fiber incident, so I went half the dose they recommend. I'll let you know in not too much detail how it goes. Fingers crossed!

But so far I've settled the smoothie at milk, a scoop of flax seeds, a packet of almonds, and a banana. Other items to be added and subtracted at will, and I will let you all know once I reach smoothie nirvana.


And now, so this doesn't feel too academic, I present you with "filthy dog trying very hard to look serious"

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I swear, I had that Colonix stuff for about six months threatening me from my kitchen counter before I threw out. Fear factor and my nerves won the contest. Clearly. HOWEVER! Don't I go into to Mr. F's mom's and see it sitting on her counter? I do. I asked her how it went and she tells me it wasn't that scary at all. Maybe it isn't, but I'll never trust the mother of the man I'm dating. Call me paranoid but if you visit while in the big AZ you'll see what I mean. My psyche hopes you do anyway...

This all = good in my book. Tell me how it goes. I've been curious for years.

After reading all your word goodness I got the blog itch. :F Almost time to scratchalatch.