Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 1 results- the real day 1

so lucky you all, you get to follow me through the chronicling of my cleanse. Day 1 results were ok, but nothing to write home about. And definitely nothing I would send to a website, so it's back to the drawing board with me. I give it a 7 out of 10, and a firm "I can do better"
I'm into learning lessons the hard way, so I'm not stopping until something potentially regrettable happens.

Yesterday I maybe didn't eat as healthy as I was going to, I had quiche with cheese for lunch, which might be counterproductive to the cleanse goal, but then I did have 3 bean veggie chili for dinner, which I thought would even things out. And still, meh.

So this morning I tried stepping it up a notch. I added a seriously heaping teaspoon of psyllium to my morning's smoothie, and this time I left out the banana. I'm looking for results people! I want my colon to sparkle mother f*ckers! Sorry, got carried away there. It's kind of what I do.

Anyhow, today's smoothie was
-flax (1 jigger)
-almonds (1 handful)
-raspberries (a bunch)
-cranberries (a few)
-spinach (a bunch)
-PSYLLIUM
-milk to fill the cup

Breakfast was rounded out with 3 glasses of water*, a Vitamin B and a ProBiotic complex capsule. Apparently cleansing can backfire and remove friendly bacteria as well when it gets to the very lining of the intestines, so it's best to supplement with the probiotics. The B is just in case, and because I giggle at nuclear pee.

*3 glasses of water seems like a lot, but psyllium expands and congeals when added to liquid. My smoothie this morning was of the consistency that when I held the glass upside down, there was no discernible movement. So I was taking basically bites of what should have been my drink, then washing it down with huge gulps of water. Psyllium can also backfire internally if you don't get enough fluids, and I'm not going out like that. Tomorrow, I will likely increase the fluid/solid ratio in the smoothie, perhaps by as much as 35%. It's all very scientific.

Not much else going on these days. Ernest Shackleton was the man is all. What a lesson in project management.

No comments: