Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Let's talk turkey

among other things. I am food obsessed this week, and looking back in the annals of blogdom I see it's almost that time of the month. Yes, I use my blog to track my period. I said that (Hi Dad! MENSTRUATION). So long lazy eggs, the big flush is a-coming!

Anyhow the turkey part of this story is more general poultry when I really think about it. But I get ahead of myself.


Let me take you back to the weekend just past. I flew into Boston (and boy were my arms tired HAAAAAA) for that annual festival of love, Smith Family Thanksgiving. It was actually pretty fun this year, which is a lot of a compliment from me since for about the past 5 years I've been on an internal boycott of the event. I don't really have an explanation for it, but I went home this time because this was the first one since my grandfather died and my grandmother explicitly asked me to. It's hard to say no to a widow, so up I went. In the end I'm glad I did. It was nice to see everyone, whatever issue I've been having seems to have passed and I genuinely enjoyed myself this year. So did everyone else, and I know the number of open and empty wine bottles in these pictures will resonate with everyone who knows me. Because if you can't relate, we probably don't hang out. ;o)



The weekend was also great because I finally got to meet baby Noby, who totally has his dad's eyebrow (heh). He is a gorgeous baby, as you can tell from his 1001 pictures online but he is hard to impress. I did that silly face/voice thing because I was determined to get a smile. It worked, but Becky caught it on film memory card and I've now been busted both holding a baby and talking to it funny. And he crapped on me, but apparently that's not that big a deal. So they say, but I think that's because "they" want to feel ok when they get pooped on.

(more pictures later. still lazy)


I also got to have brunch with some of my "lady friends" and I use the term lady loosely. I like other people's food better than my own, but luckily I hang out with sharers and someone's new man was eager to impress and gave me some of his pizza. Werd to the new guy!!

The ride home sucked, let's not talk about it. But I will say this: everytime I start to think PA is ok, it kicks me in the ass. PA SUCKS! and that is that.

I made it home, LATE and TIRED but managed to parlay sad face into a whole lot of attention from a certain HN who shall remain nameless and Monday wasn't totally wretched. I've been blessed with my boss' permission to stay home from NSI at least a couple of days a week. Can I get an AMEN!?

I did however have a fiber overdose related incident yesterday. I'm wondering if I talk about poo too much, so I'll spare you. Ok, I'm just too lazy to type it all out but I will share the lesson learned. 3 bowls of lentil soup are (is?) too many. If you're still hungry after 2, have some toast.
Recognize.

And now as we speak, for reasons unfathomable to the rational mind (who makes chicken on the week between the 1st and 2nd of 3 consecutive weeks of turkey, do you NEED more poultry) but explained in the first paragraph I am making a ridiculous roast chicken and vegetable dinner. It's going to be awesome! The smell is killing me, good thing I have this box of ginger snaps and block of cheese to tide me over for the next 3o minutes, or however long it takes. I think it's 30 minutes, that seems like a long time to me. I am horrible at the whole oven thing, I own this. I can do stovetop stuff and anything I can taste while cooking but when it comes to doing something by instructions and then putting it in the oven to sit and go, I don't seem to have the touch. This should be interesting.

And the kitchen buzzer buzzes and I'm out!

No comments: