Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Working hard or hardly working?

It's kind of the theme of my day. I have been working alot lately, so I have slacking to catch up on, for real. I'm working on it, and thought I would taunt all you people with what I've been doing instead of working today. (don't get me wrong, I am working too which is gross. but I start at 5, so I feel quite justified in spending a decent amount of time fucking off)

Anyhoo, today's break consisted of messing with the dog:

The poor thing; the couch has crap all over it and she doesn't deal well with that so she was forced to pile herself on top of the pile of pillows:
I found this hysterical.

She found my hysteria less than amusing:
You might not know her well enough to know, but I am getting dirty looks. Apparently this is not so funny.


I am finding this all much more funny than she is. And I'm totally sober!


I am a paparazzi/terrorist. Right up in there! The people have a right to know!

Completely having a blast with this harass the pet campaign (after all that's at least part of what they're for right?) I decide to break out this year's xmas card contender. I was afraid I would spoil it for people, but this isn't nearly the extent of it. You have no idea.


Pensive xmas doggy.


Eventually, as all things do, the novelty began to wear off of this. Especially when she went from looking horrified to just being resigned to the fact that I was in one of those moods. Heaving sighs have a limited laugh line for me, so I went off to work on other stuff like my KICK ASS QUILT! I am buzzing on this thing, mostly because 1) it's more fun that work 2) I need a blanket, and 3) Since I am unwilling to put things away and take them back out to work on them, there is quilting shit all over my house. The upstairs looks like a damn fabric store exploded. So I need to keep cracking and get it over with, and I've decided I'm going to spend at least an hour a day or so on it. I might finish this in record time for me, but we'll see. I usually stall out at the finishing touches stage of things.

Anyhoo, here is the updated pic after today's work session:


And here is a pic of it laying sort of on the bed, with kitty and stuff for scale. Pardon the horridly messy bed, getting up was a bit complicated today. I apparently turned sideways in my sleep and so when I went to get up to get my alarm, up and out were not really where I thought they were going to be. It was a kind of a scene.


I can not wait to sleep under this for the first time. It will be VICTORY!

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

The wreath in the air crack was a good one. Did the quilt get larger or am I just totally out there? Either way, bring it on sister. Not only do I have waaaay more time on my hands than you do, I also don't mind ignoring everything in my path to get it done. It's tunnel vision really. I like to envision myself stuck in an endless tunnel (sans train tracks)with the craft at hand and not a distraction in sight. This tunnel has nothing but lights my friend...