Friday, November 30, 2007

Right now

I am in a meeting with the "project manager" at NSI. I have time to blog about it because he doesn't have Microsoft Project on his computer so I am waiting for him to find a computer that does have it so we can print out the latest version of the plan and look it over. This problem originates in the fact that he has a Mac. I won't bore you with the details of the fact that he bought a Mac because he's an avid photographer and wanted the imaging stuff you can do on a Mac. I won't also bore you with how NOTHING in this place runs on the Mac and so as IT director, there were 0 actual justification in him choosing a Mac. I also won't tell you how many hours his team has spent on trying to get the Mac working for him. Or how when he wants to do anything actually work related (which, granted is not often) he goes to the room next door and uses a PC he made his staff set up for him.

He didn't just buy project for the Mac, he installed VMWare only he doesn't know how to set it up so his VMs are all junk. I just saw 2 of 4 BSOD.

He also has this chair in his office (among others. he has a catalog about "chairs with high backs that denote status")
How do you even pretend this chair is for working? I should also point out that he sleeps in his office all the time, even before this little beauty came along. He must have been getting neck cricks or something. I have on numerous occasions cameraphoned pics of him and sent back to my home office to try to explain why I have such a hard time with this guy. A picture is worth a thousand words (especially when 900 of the words are "fuck" and "idiot")

No comments: