Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I feel so loved!

Today I was in the middle of doing a whole lot of nothing when I realized I had not paid rent yet this month. DOH!

Even though it's the great blizzard of '08 in Baltimore with a panic-inducing *2 INCHES* of snow expected to accumulate on the ground, I immediately threw on my jacket and high tailed it up the street to make things right. My landlord rocks, and I always feel bad when I'm late with rent, especially since there is no good reason for me to be. L-A-Z-Y. The last time I was late I was *really* late and he kind of bitched me out, then he immediately took me next door to buy me homemade cookies at Rose's Cookies. Totally forgiven man, totally because I am easy like that (and also in other ways HA!).

Anyhoo, I went bombing into his shop waving the check and yelling (per usual) and the counter lady said "Kerry?" then started reaching under the counter. I hate being recognized, I have an issue where I always think I'm in trouble. probably because I was a bad child, but I digress. I asked if she was evicting me, and she just looked at me weird and handed me a present. My first xmas present! Yay! and totally unexpected too!

me and present are dancing in the streets

And here's the note on the present. I'm glad he doesn't want me to move.
Now that is a thoughtful note.


So I am now the proud owner of the Kidde Nighthawk CO and Explosive Gas monitor. I feel safer already! Not that I need it, because as someone pointed out, I am not using heat yet (and its snowing. I AM WINNING. Still don't know what I'm winning yet though)

Mine all mine. Even if I move!

No comments: