Saturday, December 22, 2007

No seriously, there *is* news

I'm just too lazy/tired to blog it all. I've finished a crapload (scientific term) of projects, I almost know how to sew now, except apparently I don't because I talked to someone who does know how to sew and she was all "do you do this? do you know this?" etc etc. so there's still a bit for me to learn, but I am becoming convinced I can do this, if I only practice, which I hate to do. Should be a trip.

The boy is packed up and headed off to parts in warmer hemispheres, xmas is almost upon me and the next week should hold lots of alone time in environments conducive to spending a lot of time on the computer. Hopefully I will get around to catching you up on the domestic goddess that is myself and what I can do with the proper tools; sewing machine, knitting needles and elbow grease.

For now I shall have to content myself with preparing for travel. I just returned from NC and am trying to get my crap together to head to Boston. There are record amounts of laundry to be done unless I want to drag dirty laundry north with me (I've done it before, I'll probably do it again but I don't think I want to do it this week) and there are animals that need to be dealt with, and I spent a lot of time I didn't really have napping then taking myself out for a nice xmas dinner tonight (I am so worth it). Why is it that people feel compelled to try to converse with someone out dining alone? If I wanted to talk to anybody, I probably would have brought a companion, no?

No comments: