Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sugoi means superior in Japanese...

This is all mine now...

So, if we've spoken at all lately, you've probably heard my whinge about how my heart just wasn't in christmas this year. I did some of the requisite shopping, but overall I just wasn't feeling it too much, and as a result I didn't get as much out of getting things for people so I didn't do it as much or as well. The only thing that really motivated me to go shopping at all was the obnoxious amount of stuff I ended up buying for myself each time I went. yeah, I spoiled me good this year but even that was pretty lackluster.

I don't really know what it was, it just seems like so many bigger things happened this year -births, deaths, weddings, whatever- that christmas was kind of a non-event in comparison. Anyway, it was all very french black and white film non-committal "eh" for me.

I seem to be recovering though, as evidenced by the fact that I went retail shopping the 26th (which was really only because I woke up at 5 am and couldnt get back to sleep and had nothing else to do, but I did it!). I got a couple of things for people for "non christmas" presents, and I started to warm up a little. Then I hit the yarn store and got way warm. As in, I went on a binge of epic proportions in my history. I don't even know where it came from, I was just in the yarn store minding my own business, looking for 3 skeins of yarn, maybe 5 because I'm going to make this camisole tank top thing, whatever and I found my 3. and my 5. and 4, and 2. yes, I bought 14 skeins of yarn. All different kinds of yarn, mostly very soft and fluffy, and while I rationalized that it was on sale, and mostly paid for with gift certificates, and 6 of the skeins are practically able to take away from the total because they are supposedly going to be gifts for people (and if it's for other people it doesn't count right?), today I found myself looking at 4 of them like they might be the nicest shawl I've ever met.

The irony here is that just before I left for Boston, I cleaned out a bunch of crappy yarn someone bought me and I was so proud of myself for refusing to gather a stash, which is something I can totally see myself having a problem with some day.

But anyhow, I sort of digress. I've also been doing a bit of the sewing thing lately, so I popped into Fabric Place today, because I was looking for something cute I could make into an apron. I CAME OUT WITH MORE YARN. Le Sigh.


So I admit I have a problem, both with my attitude and the yarn, but I don't know what either of them is from. maybe it's the winter slowly killing my soul ?

Here are some pics to make you forget my troublesome attitude.
This is Neko. She is also not very impressed by Christmas, unlike her fool sister.


I was happily working on this, from old yarn I have kicking around and being proud of me for using old stuff. Kind of like when you eat leftover's and you're all "look at me, not wasting food" Pride cometh before the fall alright. The white yarn is like if the abominable snowman used really good shampoo and conditioner and would let you hug him. It would feel just like that.

Office cat Martin. Shown on a computer tower box for scale. He's f*cking massive and very grouchy. I pretty much let him sit whereever he wants, because I am afraid of him.


new shirt! SO WARM. Must never take it off!(and bought on sale with a gift card = FREE!)

But I feel slightly like a contestant on the Running Man game show:)

Dog making comforter vortex in order to ensure all areas of the butt are sealed up and draft free.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I love your new yarn. So pretty, so warm, so functional...