Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to my roots

You know what we haven't talked about in a while ? Cleansing. "Cleansing", as in that kind of cleansing. Not that I'm irregular or anything, but it's been a while since I actively focused on picking up the pace if you know what I'm saying. I think it's about time to make some things happen.

I never did quite work up to doing a full cleanse, and it's not going to happen now but I think I can meet myself halfway (what?).

I'm still working my way through the contents of my cabinets and making decent progress but I think I can find a way to combine the 2 objectives: cleaning the cabinets and cleaning my innards out. To that end, it's legume week here at casa de awesomo and I have some cannelini beans soaking right now that should do the trick. I'm thinking a take off on cassoulet tonight. I have some sausage and some bacon in the freezer and onions and peppers that should be used like yesterday. I'll have to buy some kale to beef it up a little, but I have pretty high hopes for this one. I'll check back later, and expect some gory details regarding diet and results as the week progresses.

I didn't think of this until after breakfast, but to make up for it I just had a bowl of spinach, carrot and beet salad as big as my head so I feel pretty good about today.

I'm also formally instituting vegetarian 2 days a week, possibly 3. I've decided I have to assign the days though, because otherwise I lose track of it (Mike, so much makes sense right now!)

So the days in question will be Tuesday and Thursday (umm, starting Thursday I guess) . Sunday is my cooking day, which means meat, and then Monday for leftovers (of the meat). By Tuesday I should be sick of whatever I made Sunday and be ready for a break. Friday and Sat are just too unpredictable to plan for. So there it is. My new life in a nutshell.

Doesn't it sound awesome?!

1 comment:

cariaso said...

and so begins http://www.meatlessmonday.com/

and

http://swankyrd.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/tofu-tuesday/