Sunday, February 11, 2007

back to reality, and "the soup"

i'm back in baltimore as of this evening. the drive seemed particularly long, but i think it's because i wasn't on a beach and didn't have a tropical drink in hand. i am glad to be home, but it was such a fun week. if it weren't impossible for things like that to last forever, i would be devastated.

all i can say is "hallelujah, soup be praised" my stomach was not cooperative last week and i was all bloated and crampy but i came home saturday and ate 3 bowls, and body and me? well, we're back on track now.

i know it was only a week, but i kind of got used to looking at the world through beer colored glasses, and it was nice. i feel like i'm in that lily allen video, lol.

Highlights of the trip include the wedding (duh):

where holly and chris looked like tropical island wedding barbie and ken, right out of a catalog:
everything about the ceremony was perfect.

Courtney also told some very funny jokes, as you can see:

you can take the girls outta lowell, but you'll never get lowell out the girls.


and I got to stick my hands up the brides dress, Prima Nocta style:

yeah, that's right

and the reception, where again everyone was gorgeous:
awwwww


There was also a competition of sorts. More a bet, since the people involved in the competition didn't really know they were in it (ahem).

Anyhow, the bet was who was going to fall down first, and it was a stiff comp.

Contender 1) was Christy, and she was working for it.



Contender 2 was myself, and we were expected to be the main competitors, because we were both having so much fun. and by fun I mean wine.

as you can see, i came out of the gate pretty strong. was noticeably crooked by the time i was meant to give my toast. I managed to recover and give an eloquent toast. Or so I hear.

However, the race was thrown for a loop when a dark horse came out of nowhere and *snatched* the title of most wasted: Props to you JG, noone saw that one coming!

here she is, running in to claim her title!!


See Matt glowing with pride? He knows!



















Now here I come, to congratulate her. part of being a good competitor is keeping an eye on your opponents at all times. She thought noone saw her. Oh, I saw her.



Here I am, celebrating Jenn's victory as she settles in the grass where she fell and tries to pretend she meant to do that.

also, i met a man in aruba. I can't wait to introduce him to my parents!:

this is my new boyfriend, his name is Party Man. look, he's even nice to my friends.
KEEPER!!!


obviously, there was more this week than the wedding and Party Man, but that's all for now folks!

Have to go to that whole "work" thing for a while.

boo!

No comments: