Monday, February 26, 2007

Recipe

So I just made this for lunch and I thought I would share.

I've been buying those big tubs of pre-washed lettuce and just eating lots of that in a tortilla with a little dressing as a lunch or quick snack and today I was out of bleu cheese so I thought I would try to find something yummy to put in. I made this nifty dip which also goes good with crackers.

It's like a hummus but not really.

In the blender attachment of the magic bullet I put:

-1 Can white (cannellini) beans (drained)
-some garlic
-some dried onion, parsley, basil, oregano, black pepper
-little bit of white wine
-squeeze of lemon juice

and blend. Spread it on the tortilla, drop some lettuce in and you're good to go. This whole whipped bean thing in a tortilla with lettuce might be my next featured food of the month. I'm going to try this with lentils soon, since I can not eat the soup for a while after last week's escapades.


I'm actually thinking I can make the soup just with less water and turn it into a puree. I'll let you know how that one goes, wish me luck.

No comments: