Sunday, February 18, 2007

this should do the trick.

so, i thought of something.

i've been suffering from a total lack of motivation since i got back from aruba, exercise wise. hanging out on the beach drinking all the time seems to have put me a bit off track. i mean, to be sure it was awesome, but i was also starting to feel awesome running. i was getting high on life, which is sweet because it's free and i'm on a budget (i put back 2 really gorgeous sweaters i wanted last week, go me!) :o)

so i was thinking about what motivates me, and i decided only the prospect of complete and utter public failure would do the trick- that is, only my pride can save me now. in the name of not only not publicly failing, but seriously crossing something off a list of life things to do, i'm committing to this publicly.

courtney and i running a 5K in april. i forget the name of it, but it's the same weekend as the sox series in baltimore and hopefully the slob olympics
there, everyone knows now so we have to not be total jerks and we have to run it :-D

i'm working on my follow through. i think it has potential.

it got something of a kick in the pants today, because i volunteered at a competition at my climbing gym. i was completely humbled by 7 year old kids who can send shit i could never dream of doing. made me really feel like i need to get my shit back together and get back on track. i'm looking to be running 3 miles, at least 3x a week by the end of feb and hopefully i will be up to 4 miles a run by the end of march at which point i can start working on my time.

if you see me, be sure to ask how running is going, and to shame me if i have anything lazy sounding to say.

yawn.

in the meantime, here's a funny picture of star. this is her tommy lee and pamela harness getup, as i like to call it. i got this so becky and ich would be able to get her up and down the stairs, since carrying her can be a bit awkward. here's a picture of me testing it out for demonstration purposes:


she's looking away because she is ashamed. there is no dignity in the tommy lee and pamela harness, or in being carried around like luggage...

2 comments:

coulyn said...

well that answers my question as to whether or not I should book my flight! ;) we're totally doing it. we're not going to just do it, we're going to do it well. I also signed up for another 5k the first weekend of April and I'm doing a triathalon relay in July. :) Don't ask me why either, I hate to fucking run...but for some reason I keep doing it.

The Great Explorer said...

You could totally use her for building upper body strength once in from running. You know, put on the harness and do some curls. It would be like some super fucked up bonding time for you two girls. :)