Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Picture post

ok, so I have work to do this morning and in the name of avoiding it, I thought I would catch up on my picture posting since I have found my cable.

First up is this little guy. For no reason I was completely taken with him, and I didn't even kill him! I found him when I was digging my sunflower patch last weekend...
What's up Big Worm?


Then this is some little tree we saw at the races. I don't know why, but I really liked this tree. The view is from where we were lying in the grass, it was just that kind of day.
Idyllic

This is star's new way of greeting me. I'm not sure what she's been watching while I'm out at work, but I think I need to cancel cinemax.
Wanna bite of peach?

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the wombat sculpture!
Just as a warning though, it's not looking too Wombat-y just yet. We were still working on the exoskeleton, but use your third eye to visualize, and I will try to paint a picture with my words...The end result is going to be a wombat, standing up, riding a skateboard (this explains why he looks sideways, because he is)



Here is Jason, welding a bolt plate to the vehicle frame. BTW, this wheely thing was a Craigslist freebie! rock on.

Jason checking his progress. You can see the skeleton is suspended from a pulley on the ceiling, because David has shit like that all over. Coolest workshop ever!

Here's a shot of David through all the mess.

In the background you can see someone whose name I forget grinding on one of the wheels.



and here is pilot Eli, making sure he fits and has steering control inside the wombat. He does, and like the work of genius that it is, the wombat mobile rocks the house. and rolls. It's currently missing a back lag, but there's other things to be done first.


Oh yeah and completely off topic: I always wondered what the point of census data was, but this is a bit creepy. From now on, I lie when asked questions. Just in case.

No comments: