Monday, November 20, 2006

about my weekend

So, I didn't do much of anything this weekend (shocker) and it ruled. Friday after I got home, unpacked my loot and ate my pizza I was sitting on the couch being a total loaf when I decided I should do something productive, even just a little bit. I went upstairs to the craft room/construction zone and decided I would do some stuff in there. I had bought all kinds of shelves for the wall and crap, not to mention some actual work I had to do and projects I'm in the middle of.

While faffing about trying to decide what to work on, I thought a good twirl was in order so I throw one leg out and around and twirl. it was then that I discovered I had missed a sliver of glass. Remember the stupid glass that fell in the middle of the night last week? well apparently I didn't get all of it, and somehow a piece worked itself into my sock and was currently residing near that part of the foot that you put your weight on to twirl. So by twirling, what I actually did was corkscrew the glass into my foot. fucking ow. and blood. wow did it bleed. Now, I'm not particularly motivated on Friday nights anyway, and after removing the glass and bleeding all over the place, my will was gone. back to the couch with me, where it's safe and I can loaf without injury.

I did try some knitting, but I f*cked up the 2nd stitch. It just seemed like one of those days where everything I touched went wrong. I was definitely not about to touch a database (remember I said I had work to do?) in this condition, nor did the signs bode auspicious for repairing my keyboard. Grey's it was, only now I had a serious measure of self pity to go with it. You know I cried!!!


Saturday was ok. I went to get coffee at my favorite coffee place, but it was like "bring your kid to cafe" day, so it really wasn't that peaceful. I just need quiet in the morning, especially before my coffee. I hate to sound like a bitch, but since I am I will get over it. Why let your children run rampant at 8am when noone in the place is ready for it? We're *here* because we're not ready for the world and need coffee. Please keep junior to your table while I caffeinate. Yes, sure, he's cute, but keep pudding over at your table. You birthed him, you toted him around this morning, YOU ought to be the one who has to pay for it. not me. F this "it takes a village crap" I'm not from your village. come get your irritating kid.
I think I'm going to open a coffee shop where, if I can't directly discourage the presence of children, I can at least have a room for people who don't want to deal with them.
ugh.

The rest of the day was spent working around the house- mostly making and unmaking decisions about where to put things in my office/changing room/craft center. The feng shui isn't right and I can't figure it out so I've been reduced to experimenting until it feels better. This went on all day and at about 5 I crashed. I was due for a big sleep so I took it, and conked out until roughly 8 am yesterday.

Yesterday was housecleaning and craft cleanup day. I finished up some minor projects around the house and started digging for xmas decorations. Call me CVS, but xmas is coming early to my block. Commence operation excessive garland and lighting!!

Pictures would make this story more interesting but Adam took my camera away for the weekend.

No comments: