Sunday, November 26, 2006

made with lard = made with love

mmmmm. so, I'm mostly recovered from my food coma and back to crafting. I'm knitting up a little somethin' somethin', which I won't be able to show until after next week, because it's probably going to end up as a grab gift for someone.

I hope everyone's holiday weekend was good, and that everyone ate, drank, and be'd merry. I'm currently kicking back with some apple pie that Adam's mom made, and I must say, lard makes a crust. I used to get scared when I would see her whip out her giant can of Crisco, but after having witnessed the baked goodness that comes out of the can, I'm reformed. Lard-less crust just isn't the same. Not to say that I'm going to start using it around my house, mind you but I can see the point.

haha, speaking of baking, the other night Adam asked me to make him a baklava. My initial reaction was "oh honey, you know I don't bake" but upon further discussion, it turns out he meant balaclava, the hat thing. So that's newly added to my knitting list, but it's low priority. In the meantime, I'm just going to whip him up a giant scarf, and he can wrap it around his head a few times and make do, just like the pilgrims.

word.

No comments: