Thursday, November 16, 2006

have I ever told you that my mother calls me "Poison lips" ??

So, sorry I never got back to you about my dinner the other night. it was a disaster. I mean, noone got sick or anything but it wasn't good, and my coping skills are pretty weak this week so it was really hard for me.

First off, I got some whack ass generic brand chicken that tricked me by being in a Purdue looking package. I FALL FOR THIS ALL THE TIME- I really need to start reading labels. Apparently, the horrible conditions under which you raise your chicken make a big difference, because this shit was nasty. It was just tough and not good. Think I got an old assed chicken or something- and I know it's not me, I can make chicken ok. Anyway, all I did was bread it with some bead crumbs and spices (homemade Shake n Bake) and bake it.

Then, I made lentil and rice pilaf, which is always delicious except if you accidentally use sticky rice like I did, then it's just weird. Enter strains of that old song "so close, yet so far away".

The third and final straw was that I had a broccoli craving, so I bought 3 lbs of broccoli (seemed reasonable at the time. In retrospect it was probably too much), then I couldnt think of how I wanted it, so I just ate a bunch raw. So by the time my subpar dinner was ready, I was fat full of broccoli. I mean, I guess there are worse things to be full of, but it was all so unsatisfying!

After the whole dinner disaster, I just lied around bemoaning my fate and trying to decide what to do with myself but there was nothing I wanted to do! Knitting? no. Sewing? no. Reading? no. Walking? no. Working? Aahahahahahahahahha. sorry, I meant no.

I motored around a little trying to find something that felt worth doing but couldn't so I finally just plopped my butt down on the couch so at least I had one part of my brain taken care of and I could just sit and ruminate on nothing in particular and just overall be pissy and yell "ugh!" every 10 min or so. Truly an example of a miserable person was I.

I should just put a big sign on my head that says " I have PMS and am wracked with non specific cravings and can not be satisfied. don't bother trying to please me, I'm destined to be miserable. Just go away." In fact, I think I might. It would save me the trouble of shooting people dirty looks or ignoring them when they come into my cubicle.

and then there's work....can't say much right now but it's pretty intense. And I'm a lazy person who has had it pretty good for a while, so this whole "Corporate Barbie working late all the time" crap is taking its toll. TGtomorrow's F!!!


Adam's going away this weekend and I'm going to do nothing-stuff all weekend. Nothing-stuff is that peculiar breed of things you do, which aren't very important in the grand scheme of things, but they occupy your time and make you happy and you have end results so you feel productive. This weekend's planned nothing-stuffs include a trip to the thrift store because I need Xmas sweaters for the whole family, hitting up the stich n bitch downtown to make fun with some old ladies, some miscellaneous crafty work around the house, minor carpentry and shelf hanging, and cooking something delicious which I will proceed to pig out on while I watch Grey's Anatomy Season 2 and sniffle, while in bed WITH THE ANIMALS (Adam's going away...paaaaaaarty). Grey's is my dirty little secret. I watch it on my computer when Adam's not around so he doesn't see my cry at all the silly girly moments- damn them! Once again, secret blogs rule.

And I'll probably work on "Operation: Bark, Howl and Dance when I say Snookums" a little bit too. She's coming along, but hopefully this weekend will be like boot camp and we can get way ready.

Ok, I'm back to making busy in the cubicle. Check back later for more bitching and tales of completley inappropriate nasty reactions to innocent comments made by the annoying man in the cube next to me. Wish him luck, I'm in rare form today.

No comments: