Sunday, November 26, 2006

and i shall label it "scooters"

so after my post this afternoon, i sat back and thought that i might not have done enough with my holiday weekend. i didn't go hiking, i didn't go for any bike rides, i didn't finish any of the million knitting projects i have started all over the house-i've just been sort of being a bum and i felt like i really didn't do anything.

which is not really true, because i did do some stuff.
for instance, i drank a half gallon of eggnog. on my own. mostly from the carton. and i liked it!! but it makes my stomach hurt. ohh, awful. and i am completely unable not to drink it. i feel compelled. i think it's because i can only get it for like a month each year, i feel like i need to drink it up before it's gone. i love it so much!

i are roughly a pound of beef and 3 sausages. i made sauce with meatballs and sausages this weekend. it was delicious and i matched adam meat for meat. sometimes, a girl just has to indulge her carnivorous side.

i also ate about a whole apple pie the way i figure it. i had some thursday, then i felt ripped off so i made my own on saturday, then we got more delivered today via the leftover gravy train. yep, i've definitely knocked down about a whole pie. so that's something. thank god adam lives with me or i'd be in a diabetic coma by now. you know i would have taken out that whole thing!

i knitted today, while soaking up the sun in the backyard reclining on the dog. she *is* good for something!

then i did some house stuff:
i picked up crap in the backyard. i don't want to talk about it, it's gross. but the dog kept stepping in in and bringing it in, which seemed to be a hint that there might be too much around. ugh.

saturday i plastic wrapped all my windows so the cold air (which is now 72% more costly in my neck of the woods) wouldn't get in. as i was standing in the windows blow drying the stuff, like 5 of my neighbors passed by. now, normally, only 2 of these 5 have anything to say when i see them on the street, but apparently hanging out in the curtainless window with a blow dryer and a beer somehow makes me irresistible because not one of them failed to acknowledge me last night! i felt very red light district-y.

i also cleaned and organized my craft/office/dressing room, and i am pleased- FINALLY! i've seriously moved stuff at least 4 weekends in a row trying to get it all lined up and feeling right. the way my room used to be set up, the desk was in the sightline from the door. now i'm a slob (shoutout!!) and adam's a neat freak and so this arrangement made for frequent, interesting discussions about how someone who's so little (that's me) could have such a huge and giant messy impact in one pretty small room, and threats like "i'm gonna cut a hole in that door so the cat can come and go, but i can't look at it" type stuff. anyhow, it was getting to be a bore and everytime we both passed the room at the same time he was all giving me "the look" so i decided in the name of not doing anything else that i would fix my office on saturday. (well, the last straw in my overcoming my inertia was plastic-ing the windows, because i had to move the desk to do that, and so i thought i would just keep on moving it). anyhow, the way it's set up now, everyone wins because:
-the room finally feels right. i expect some class a arts n crafts to start pouring out of there. any minute now.
-my desk is no longer on the cold wall of the house
-my desk is no longer in sight of the door, so even if it *did* happen to get messy again, noone should see it because noone is banned from my room forever for being disrespectful of my sanctuary and for being generally unpleasant on saturday.
-i got a pile of crap to give to goodwill, so that's less stuff to dust and stub my toes on around the house, and it's good karma which i just know i need.

Kitty had to take it on his old assed chin though. the move necessitated his 8 ft tall kitty kondo of doom being placed near the cold wall. i did however kindly reinforce one of the open sides with triple layer fleece so he has a little warm cave. maybe that will keep him out of my bureau.


anyway, today because i thought i hadn't done anything, i thought i would start with something small and see if that motivated me. so i walked down the street to the local yarn store to ask if they have a sock class coming up. the answer was no and i succumbed to 40 bucks worth of yarn in that process; could have been a total loss, what with my negative cash flow in there and no sock class in sight, but i got a good idea for a fancy scarf that can be made with my limited skill set. it's called the Roman Stripe doesn't it just sound fancy?? i'm pumped, but i don't think i have any free needles to put it on!

and my grand plan didn't work. i was no more motivated to do anything after that than i was before. adam did drag me out to the art museum for a while, but here i be all over again. i might be the laziest person ever. oooh, i should get a trophy! yay!

the only reason i'm on the computer right now is because smarty pants is hogging the tv to watch the history channel and learn, and i'm even too lazy for that shit! since lying around listless is out of vogue (at least until adam leaves) i thought typing would be a nice filler.

i hope this helps people waste time they could otherwise be using to work.

No comments: