Wednesday, November 1, 2006

The Tiara

Dun dun da dunnnnnnnnn, dun dun da dunnnnnn....

That's the wedding march or whatever it's called for those of you who can't hear the tunes in my head. Holly's bachelorette party is this weekend and preparations are underway. I've started work on the tiara, it's coming along nicely.

Who needs a stinking $30 monstrosity??? Not Holly. Nope, she needs a monstrosity of a whole different sort, one that was made with love (nothing against sweatshops)

So here are a couple of photos I snagged with my cameraphone, because my real camera was here at work:


This is the beginning . I tried *everything* to twist those f*cking letters. In the end, none of my trickery worked and I had to do it by hand, with just some elbow grease. and some beer.




Here's a pic from halfway through,
just after I got the letters attached to the tiara part. It's way more obnoxious now, I've added some sparkles and flowers and pearls (oh my), but I got all mad scientist about it and completely forgot to keep taking pics. I'm going to have to work on this.

More pics soon, stay tuned to see the final product!!!




Ok, here is a later series picture. It's not quite done yet, I think it needs more cowbell!!!

No comments: